A Path to the University of California
Destination Davis Community College Pathway is an intensive pathway program designed for international students who wish to improve their academic and/or language skills before transferring to a California community college to complete credits for transfer to the University of California or another four-year university. Students enter through a rigorous academic preparatory program, complete a series of courses at our partner colleges and, upon successful completion of program requirements, transfer to a University of California campus. This program offers international students the opportunity to graduate from top universities, like University of California schools, in the most cost effective and promising way without high school GPAs, English requirements and standardized test scores, such as SAT or ACT.
- Transfer to a UC as a 3rd-year student
- A more affordable way to complete your bachelor’s degree
- Benefit from enhanced college-prep skills
- Improve language skills for an academic setting
Each of the Destination Davis Tracks utilizes a modular approach to curriculum design to meet students' academic and linguistic goals. Learn more about the Core Academic Preparation Series and Elective Series.
- One-on-one academic counseling from a qualified academic advisor
- SAT or statement of purpose not required
- Easy and convenient admissions process
- TOEFL or IELTS scores waived for community college admissions
- Customized seminar focused on university strategies for academic excellence
- Focus on language development in an academic setting
- Enrichment activities to enhance students’ leadership and life skills
To community colleges:
- High school diploma or at least 18 years of age
To a designated UC campus:
- Complete four to five semesters at a partner college (minimum GPA of 3.4)
Successful admission to a community college and a UC requires following a path of prescribed course work and successful academic progress. Learn more about the California community college pathway.
Minimum English Eligibility Requirement
The Community College Pathway is a one-quarter program in spring and fall, designed for students whose English level is high-intermediate (i.e., iBT 55, iELTS 6, TOEIC 580, CEFR B2) or higher. If you are not sure of your English level, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a short online diagnostic test to identify your level. If your level is not sufficient, we recommend that you enroll in the Academic Engagement Track until you reach the level required for the Community College Pathway. Please note that the Community College Pathway does not require any official test score for admission.
Access to Academic Support
Students receive academic advising, including help with university applications. Lectures, workshops, individual meetings and information sessions are offered quarterly to ensure successful adaptation into U.S. academic culture. Topics have included time management, preparing for exams, applying to U.S. universities and résumé writing.