Academic Learning and Enrichment
This academic enrichment program is designed for groups of international high school and university students who are seeking to improve their academic skills and enhance their knowledge about global competencies. Through engagement in academic preparation classes and a variety of elective classes, students improve their linguistic abilities, acquire practical academic skills and gain an understanding of University of California academic culture.
- Gain effective academic skills
- Improve linguistic abilities through an integrated instructional approach
- Develop global competencies
- Learn about American university education and culture
- Engage in authentic learning such as project-based, task-based and experience-based learnings
- Engage in campus and community-based experiential learning
- Study in a safe, diverse and friendly college town
- Core academic preparation and a variety of elective classes on various topics
- Modular classes to support programs from five-weeks to a full academic year
- High level of engagement with UC Davis undergraduate students
- Special events and activities with international and UC Davis students
Students from partner organizations who are in good academic standing at their respective institutions.
Access to Academic Support
Students receive academic advising. Lectures, workshops, individual meetings and information sessions are offered quarterly to ensure successful adaptation into U.S. academic culture. Topics have included time management, preparing for exams and résumé writing.