Get Your Questions Answered
These are some of the most common questions we receive about our programs. If you cannot find the answer to your questions here, please contact us. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
- How do I apply to your program?
For detailed information about how to apply to one of our programs, visit our How to Apply page. Keep in mind that your application packet should include:
$200 U.S. ($100 U.S. for Youth Programs) nonrefundable application fee
Financial statement and certification (originals to be provided on registration day)
Letter from financing sponsor, if applicable (with translation, if needed)
Photocopy of your passport photo identification page (for applicant and each dependent)
Copies of your F-1 visa, I-20s and I-94, if applicable. Transfer students must include a photocopy of their I-20 and transfer information
Medical insurance can be purchased in the United States or at home
- How do I get a visa?
Once we receive and process your completed application, we will send you an acceptance packet within two days. Your packet includes your acceptance letter and your I-20 immigration document. Read your acceptance letter carefully, as it includes the necessary steps for paying your SEVIS fee. Once you have paid your SEVIS fee, you must schedule an F-1 visa interview with your local U.S. Embassy. Make sure to take your I-20 document and acceptance letter to the embassy when you have your interview. For details, please see the visa information section.
- Are there application deadlines to your programs?
- Deadlines to apply are four weeks before the first day of the program due to visa delays; however, these dates are subject to change. Please be advised that if you are an international student, you must submit your completed application with enough time to receive your acceptance packet and schedule an F-1 visa interview with your local embassy. Scheduling an interview with an embassy varies depending on which country you are from, but it can take anywhere from two weeks to two months.
- Do I need specific test scores to apply to your programs?
- The Intensive English Program, the Communication and Culture Program, the English for Global Business Program and the English for Science and Technology Program are open enrollment programs and do not require test scores.
- How can I pay for the program I choose?
All payments must be made in U.S. dollars and made payable to UC Regents. We accept cash, travelers' checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, International postal money orders and personal checks drawn on U.S. banks. If paying by credit card, please include card number, expiration date and the name on the card.
Students may also transfer funds directly to our bank. Please contact us for more information.
- How do I get from the airport to Davis?
The easiest way is to arrange travel accommodations through the Davis Airporter. They are a shuttle service providing transportation to and from the San Francisco and Sacramento airports. For more information, please visit their website or call (530) 756-6715 or (800) 565-5153. Please finalize your arrangements prior to arrival in the United States. Learn more about getting around Davis.
- How do I arrange housing accommodations?
- Please refer to the housing section of our website, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.