UC Davis Experience Sample Program
This three-week custom training program on California agriculture and preparation for U.S. graduate school is one example of the types of programs we can create for you with our UC Davis Experience Programs.
- Improve English language skills, particularly conversational and public-speaking skills
- Develop a better understanding of U.S. culture and society
- Acquire an introductory knowledge of select topics in California agriculture and environmental issues, including global warming, food safety and security, and postharvest production issues
- Learn about California agriculture through visits to key facilities and farms in Northern California
- Gain a competitive edge in applying for U.S. graduate programs, including learning about the UC Davis graduate programs and the admission process for U.S. graduate schools
- Experience the rich cultural and recreational activities in Northern California, including the city of Davis, Sacramento (the state capitol) and San Francisco
- Lectures are taught by UC Davis emeritus faculty, UC Davis faculty or advanced graduate students
- Site visits include farms in Northern California, the Davis Farmer’s Market and tours of UC Davis campus laboratories
- Intensive English language instruction, including linguistics workshops, practice presenting in English and feedback from trained English language instructors
- Introduction to American society and culture through field trips to Northern California destinations and events with local UC Davis students
- Three hours of training on how to successfully apply to graduate programs in the U.S.