Improve Your Global Awareness and English Fluency
Our new, online Global English Through SDGs course is an innovative program designed for international high school students interested in enhancing their cross-cultural understanding while improving their English-language skills. Focusing on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), students will increase their awareness of current issues around the world and improve their English fluency.
Create a Custom Program
Our Remote Youth Programs can be customized to fit your needs. For more information on how to set up a custom program, contact us at email@example.com.
This enriching program helps high school students build foundational skills for becoming global citizens. Through analysis of SDGs, students will develop linguistic and critical thinking skills as they consider various ways they can make a difference as members of a global society. Students will also have an opportunity to engage in synchronous discussions, projects and presentations during a hands-on workshop led by the UC Davis Model United Nations team.
- Improve analytical and critical thinking skills by reading articles, listening to lectures, watching audiovisual programs and discussing current research
- Develop English vocabulary and literacy skills
- Strengthen discussion and fluency skills
- Enhance understanding of current global issues
- Reflect on soft skills, or innate human capabilities such as interpersonal skills, communication skills and social skills
This one-week remote learning program is offered twice each summer and includes 14 hours of synchronous instruction plus 14 hours of asynchronous work. The program is open to high school students with an English level of CEFR A-2 or above.
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers
- No F-1 Visa required
- Synchronous instruction via Zoom
- Asynchronous instruction via the Canvas Learning Management System
- UC Davis students as discussion leaders
- Live daily lectures and discussion seminars
This program is designed to improve students’ linguistic skills through a distinct academic preparation component and develop critical thinking and analytical skills through dynamic discussions of various cultural and social topics. Students will also expand their soft skills, such as interpersonal skills, communication skills and social skills. Students will engage in homework, assignments and discussion sessions through Canvas and are expected to spend one hour per class day on homework.
- Academic Preparation (6 hours/synchronous)
- Global Awareness through SDGs (6 hours/synchronous)
- Workshop with UC Davis Model United Nations (2 hours/synchronous)