Promoting Global Awareness and Citizenship
Our new, online Capstone SDGs Global Seminar is an intensive program designed for international high school students who are fluent in English and want to improve their awareness of global issues and develop their leadership skills. This unique, remote-instruction program introduces students to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and uses these as a framework for increasing students' cross-cultural understanding and preparing them to become global citizens. The program is also open to domestic students (native speakers).
Create a Custom Program
Our Remote Youth Programs can be customized to fit your needs. For more information on how to set up a custom program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This enriching program focuses on building global awareness and leadership skills. Through analysis of SDGs, students will discuss various cultural and social topics, and consider ways they can make a difference as members of a global society. Students will also develop leadership skills through thought-provoking discussions and interactive activities. They will also have an opportunity to participate in hands-on workshops led by the UC Davis Model United Nations team and engage with other high school students from the United States.
- Improve analytical and critical thinking skills by reading articles, listening to lectures, watching audiovisual programs and discussing current research
- Strengthen literacy skills and communication skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance understanding of current global issues
- Reflect on soft skills, or innate human capabilities such as interpersonal skills, communication skills and social skills
This one-week remote learning program is offered twice each summer and includes 13 hours of synchronous instruction plus 26 hours of asynchronous work. The program is open to high school students fluent in English.
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers
- No F-1 Visa required
- Synchronous instruction via Zoom
- Asynchronous instruction via the Canvas Learning Management System
- UC Davis students as teaching assistants
- Live daily lectures and discussion seminars
This program is designed to deepen students’ knowledge of SDGs and develop their critical thinking, analytical and leadership skills through dynamic discussions and interactive activities. They will also expand their interpersonal and communication skills. Students will engage in homework, assignments and discussion sessions through Canvas and are expected to spend two hours per class day on homework.
- SDGs Seminar, includes 2 guest speakers (9 hours/synchronous)
- Workshop with UC Davis Model United Nations (4 hours/synchronous)