Applying is easy. Get started today!
Applications for our programs can be completed online. Deadlines to apply are four weeks before the first day of the program due to visa delays; however, these dates are subject to change. We cannot guarantee you will have your visa by the course start date, so please apply for your visa as soon as possible. There may be long waiting periods for appointments, especially during May through August. You must have a high-school diploma or be at least 18 years old to apply (Youth Programs excluded).
If you are not able to complete the application online or if you are a transfer student already in the United States and would like to apply to our program after the application has closed, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Tips for Applying
- • Type your full name EXACTLY as it appears on your passport.
• Be sure to check off the program and INDICATE the QUARTER and the YEAR you plan to attend.
• Tell us if you will be applying for an F-1 student visa.
• If you are transferring from another school or institution, please complete that section carefully.
• To apply for an F-1 student visa, you will need documentation from the International English Program verifying you have been admitted to a course of study.
• If you will be applying for an F-1 visa, you will need to send us a financial statement in U.S. dollars from your bank or a letter from your sponsor or parent(s) indicating you have the funds to support yourself while in the United States. If this financial statement is from a third party (e.g., a relative or employer), you must also provide a letter from the statement holder, stating he/she is willing to cover your tuition and living expenses while you take part in our program.
• Please also submit a copy of your passport photo identity page.
Once you have submitted your application, we will issue your acceptance documents.
Once you have submitted all required documents, we will create your I-20, which is the certificate of eligibility you need to apply for your F-1 student visa. We will then send the I-20 to you by express mail, along with an acceptance letter and some general information about living in the United States.
For immigration and visa questions only, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend you apply for your F-1 student visa as early as possible; however, keep in mind that while you can apply for the F-1 visa after you receive your I-20 and pay the I-901 fee (SEVIS fee, which can be paid online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp), the U.S. consulate/embassy will not issue the visa more than 120 days before the start date listed on the I-20.
- Final Application Checklist
Once we have received your application, we will email you instructions on how to complete the application process. Below is a list of the documents you will need to complete your application:• Financial statement and certification (originals to be provided on registration day)
• Letter from financing sponsor, if applicable (with translation if needed)
• Copy of passport photo identification page (for applicant and each dependent)
• Copies of your F-1 Visa and I-20s (if already in the United States)
• Proof of medical insurance (if purchased at home)
• A list of any medical conditions you have, proof of recent immunizations and a TB test
For Professional Studies Program applicants ONLY:
• Proof of English language proficiency. Direct the Educational Testing Services (ETS) to send your TOEFL score report to Division of Continuing and Professional Education, University of California, Davis. (Please remember to indicate UC Davis' ETS institution code: 2622.)
• Documentation/Transcript of university coursework and grades
- Deferral Fee
- In the case students need to defer to a future quarter, a nonrefundable fee of $100 U.S. is required.
- All payments can be made online by credit card. If you would prefer to pay via bank transfer or some other method, please work with our staff to work out the details.
- Refund Policy
- This policy only applies to the Intensive English Program, English for Science and Technology, Communication and Culture Program, and English for Global Business. Full tuition refunds will be granted for withdrawal requests received in writing two weeks before the first day of the program, minus a $50 processing fee. Seventy percent refunds will be granted for withdrawal requests received by the third day of instruction, minus a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be made for withdrawal after the third day of instruction.
- Reminder for Registration Day in Davis
Be sure to bring your passport, I-20 acceptance documents, and proof of health insurance in English!