Your Path to American Universities
This comprehensive academic prep program is designed for international high-school seniors and graduates who are seeking freshman admission into a quality, four-year U.S. university. UC Davis has partnered with highly regarded universities where international students who successfully complete this pathway will smoothly transition to their bachelor’s degree program.
- Gain confidence in English-language speaking and listening skills
- Improve English test scores, including opportunity to take IELTS and TOEFL as elective courses
- Develop essential study skills
- Learn about American education and culture
- Receive guaranteed admission to one of our partner universities
- UC Davis is an IELTS testing site
- Study in a safe, diverse and friendly college town
- Intensive English-language training
- Comprehensive support services with one-on-one academic counseling from a qualified, dedicated academic advisor
- Focused curricula to help students excel in their respective undergraduate studies
- Opportunity to tour partner colleges and meet admissions staff
- Special events and activities with international and UC Davis students
- Highly trained UC Davis undergraduate student conversation partners
- SAT or ACT not required
- TOEFL or IELTS scores not required
The academic requirements for each university varies. For exact specification, please review the partner school’s website.
- High school diploma (minimum GPA of 3.0) with college level curriculum/coursework
- Successful completion of IEP 700 level (minimum 3.0 average with a “B” or better in writing) on the UC Davis campus or a TOEFL score of 550 (paper)/80 (Internet) or IELTS score of 6.5 or above is required before admittance to partner universities
Placement by English Language Ability
U.S. University Conditional Admissions Program students will be placed into appropriate IEP levels based on a written and oral assessment test. Based on the level that students are placed in and the standards set by the partner school, the length of time students attend IEP before they can attend one of our partner universities will be determined individually. While enrolled, if you successfully pass the IELTS or TOEFL exam at the level required to transfer to your partner school, you can matriculate without further completing IEP 700.