Your Path to the University of California
Destination Davis is an intensive pathway program designed for international students who wish to improve their academic and/or language skills before transferring to the University of California. Students enter through a rigorous academic preparatory program, complete a series of courses at our partner colleges and, upon successful completion of program requirements, transfer to the University of California, Davis, or another UC campus.
- Transfer to a UC as a 3rd-year student
- Take advantage of a more affordable way to complete your bachelor’s degree
- Benefit from enhanced college-prep skills
- Gain confidence in English-language speaking and listening skills
- One-on-one academic counseling from a qualified academic advisor
- SAT or statement of purpose not required
- Easy and convenient admissions process
- TOEFL or IELTS scores waived for community college admissions
- Customized seminar focused on university strategies for academic excellence
- Focus on English in an academic setting
- Enrichment activities to enhance students’ leadership and life skills
To community colleges:
- High school diploma or at least 18 years of age
- Successful completion of IEP level 600 (minimum 3.0 average with a “B” or better in writing) on the UC Davis campus
To a designated UC campus:
- Complete four to five semesters at a partner college (minimum GPA of 3.4)
Successful admission to a community college and a UC requires following a path of prescribed course work and successful academic progress.
Placement by English Language Ability
Destination Davis program students will be placed into appropriate IEP levels between Level 100 (beginning) and Level 800 (the most advanced) based on a written and oral assessment test. Students who are placed in Level 600 or above will need to complete one quarter of the Pathway Program (eight or 10 weeks depending on the quarter) before they can transfer to one of our partner community colleges. Students who place below Level 600 will need to enroll in our 10-week Intensive English Language Program until they reach Level 600.