How to Apply
There are three ways to apply:
- You can complete an online application, and pay the $160 application fee online when you submit your online application.
- You can complete a PDF form and mail it along with the nonrefundable $160 application fee and your accompanying documents to:
UC Davis Extension
1333 Research Park Drive
Davis, CA 95618-4852
- If you are not able to complete the application online or the PDF form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email a copy for you to fill out and mail back to us.
You must have a high-school diploma or be at least 18 years old to enroll.
Here are some important points to remember:
- Type your full name EXACTLY as it appears on your passport.
- Be sure to check off the program and INDICATE the QUARTER and the YEAR you plan to attend. Deadlines are four weeks before the first day of the program; however, these dates are subject to change.
- Tell us if you will be applying for an F-1 student visa.
- If you are transferring from another school or institution, please complete that section carefully.
- To apply for an F-1 student visa, you will need documentation from the International English Program verifying you have been admitted to a course of study.
- If you will be applying for an F-1 visa, you will need to send us a financial statement in U.S. dollars from your bank or a letter from your sponsor or parent(s) indicating you have the funds to support yourself while in the United States. If this financial statement is from a third party (e.g., a relative or employer), you must also provide a letter from the statement holder, stating he/she is willing to cover your tuition and living expenses while you take part in our program.
- Please also submit a copy of your passport photo identity page.
- If you are a transfer student, you must submit transcripts for review. You must have good academic standing, excellent attendance and have passed all of your courses.
Estimated Minimum Expenses*
(tuition, fees and living expenses)
|Intensive English Program (10-week)||$7,275 U.S.|
|English for Science and Technology||$3,945 U.S.|
|Communication and Culture Program||$3,745 U.S.|
|English for Global Business||$3,945 U.S.|
|English for Legal Professionals||$3,710 U.S.|
|Professional Certificate Program (varies)||$9,500 U.S.|
*All fees are subject to change without notice.
Once you have submitted you application, the International English Programs issues your acceptance documents.
Once you have submitted all required documents, we will create your I-20, which is the certificate of eligibility you need to apply for your F-1 student visa. We will then send the I-20 to you by express mail, along with an acceptance letter and some general information about living in the United States.
For immigration and visa questions only, please contact us at . We recommend you apply for your F-1 student visa as early as possible; however, keep in mind that while you can apply for the F-1 visa after you receive your I-20 and pay the I-901 fee (SEVIS fee, which can be paid online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp), the U.S. consulate/embassy will not issue the visa more than 120 days before the start date listed on the I-20.
Final Application Checklist
Once we have processed your application, we will email you instructions on how to complete the application process. Below is a list of the documents you will need to complete your application.
- Financial statement and certification (originals to be provided on registration day)
- Letter from financing sponsor, if applicable (with translation if needed)
- Copy of passport photo identification page (for applicant and each dependent)
- Copies of your F-1 Visa, I-20s and I-94 card (if already in the United States)
- Proof of medical insurance (if purchased at home)
- A list of any medical conditoins you have, proof of recent immunizations and a TB test
For Professional Studies Program applicants ONLY:
- Proof of English language proficiency. Direct the Educational Testing Services (ETS) to send your TOEFL score report to UC Davis Extension. (Please remember to indicate UC Davis' ETS institution code: 2622.)
- Documentation/Transcript of university coursework and grades
In the case students need to defer to a future quarter, a nonrefundable fee of $100 U.S. is required.
All payments can be made online by credit card. If you would prefer to pay via bank transfer or some other method, please work with our staff to work out the details.
This policy only applies to the Intensive English Program, English for Science and Technology, Communication and Culture Program, and English for Global business. Full tuition refunds will be granted for withdrawal requests received in writing two weeks before the first day of the program, minus a $50 processing fee. Seventy percent refunds will be granted for withdrawal requests received by the third day of instruction, minus a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be made for withdrawal after the third day of instruction.
Reminder for registration day in Davis
Be sure to bring your passport, I-20 acceptance documents, proof of health insurance in English and I-94 card (which you will receive on the airplane) with you on registration day!