A Path to American Universities
This comprehensive academic preparation program is designed for groups of international high-school seniors and graduates who are seeking freshman admission into a quality, four-year U.S. university. We have partnered with quality universities where successful students will smoothly transition to begin their bachelor’s degree program.
- Gain effective academic skills
- Develop impactful study skills
- Learn about American education and culture
- Receive conditional admission to one of our partner universities
- Study in a safe, diverse and friendly college town
- Focused curricula to help students excel in their respective undergraduate studies
- Comprehensive support services with one-on-one academic counseling from a qualified, dedicated academic advisor
- Opportunity to tour partner colleges and meet admissions staff
- Special events and activities with international and UC Davis students
- Highly trained UC Davis undergraduate student conversation partners
- SAT or ACT not required
- TOEFL or IELTS scores not required
The academic requirements vary for each university. For exact specification, please review the partner school’s website.
- High school diploma (minimum GPA of 3.0) with college level curriculum/coursework
- Successful completion of the Destination Davis Academic Pathway Program
Access to Academic Support
Students receive academic advising, including help with university applications. Lectures, workshops, individual meetings and information sessions are offered quarterly to ensure successful adaptation into U.S. academic culture. Topics have included time management, preparing for exams, applying to U.S. universities and résumé writing.