Experience UC Davis without Leaving Home
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education has been proud to host hundreds of students on the UC Davis campus for more than 15 years, providing an opportunity for individuals from over 17 different countries and 60 partner institutions to study at one of the top institutions in the United States while enjoying life in a safe, clean, idyllic college town.
Earn Academic Credit in Online Undergraduate Classes
Given the reality that international travel will continue to be limited in the coming months, we will be offering a new program for international students—A Taste of Davis. In this program, students will be able to enroll remotely in one or two UC Davis classes while staying in their home countries.
Along with their coursework, students will receive comprehensive support and participate in the virtual international student community. They will be able to engage in conversation hours with locals, receive course advising from dedicated academic advisors and participate in other community-building activities.
In order to help during these challenging times, we are happy to offer a special discount of $730 per quarter, as reflected in the tuition breakdown below.
- 3 units: $1,500
- 4 units: $2,085
- 6 units: $3,255
- 8 units: $4,425
- 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale) (B average)
- Demonstrated advanced-level English proficiency: 550 PBT/80 IBT TOEFL or IELTS 7 (CET4/CET6 accepted)
- Students attending foreign universities or senior level high school students are eligible to apply
- We also welcome any interested professional staff from our partner institutions
Please contact us if your English proficiency score is not eligible. Certain specially designed courses do not have the English requirement.
Interested students should apply through the online application for A Taste of Davis. The deadline for winter quarter is December 1, 2020 and the spring deadline is still to be determined.
Special Courses for A Taste of Davis Students
These courses are designed with A Taste of Davis students in mind. They are all online, scheduled at times suitable for international students, and the English language requirements are generally lower. Also, seats are reserved in these courses for A Taste of Davis students, so there is a stronger likelihood of getting a spot in the class.
- Drama 198
- ECH 1 (Design of Coffee) – limited seats reserved for A Taste of Davis students are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- EDU 065 (Foundations for University Success for International Students) – limited seats reserved for A Taste of Davis students are available on a first-come, first-served basis