Presentation, Communications and Collaboration Skills
Led by Professor Michele Apriña Leavy, this is one of the most popular UC Davis courses for visiting international students. Professor Leavy has taught Drama 198 since 2015 as part of the Global Study Program. She has found ways to adapt and innovate the instruction of the dramatic arts in an online environment.
Develop your oral and physical presentation skills and build confidence in the quality of your communications. Learn to connect with different audiences and present your ideas with clarity. This online course is designed to improve public speaking and presentation skills and help students overcome stage fright. These are the abilities, often called 'soft skills,' students need to succeed in graduate school or to prepare for the most sought-after careers of today! According to LinkedIn Learning, the top soft skills sought by companies in 2020 are creativity, persuasion, collaboration, adaptability, and emotional intelligence (EQ). Drama 198 will help build ability and confidence in all of these! Download a draft syllabus for more information.
- Units: 3
- Cost: $1,500
- Schedule: Class scheduled to be determined. Class time will be appropriate for international students attending.
- To Apply: For application and admission requirements, visit A Taste of Davis
- Fall Quarter, September 30-December 18, 2020
- Winter Quarter, January 4-March 29, 2021
- Spring Quarter, March 25-June 10, 2021
English Proficiency Requirement
TOEFL 71IBT/530 PBT or IELTS 6.5 CET4/CET6 accepted